In compliance with the Centers for Disease Control’s Mitigation Recommendations for social distancing, the Peninsula Health Care District Health & Fitness Center is temporarily closed until further notice.
The health and safety of our residents and visitors is of the upmost importance at the Peninsula Health Care District Health & Fitness Center. It is likely that you have been inundated with information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) from a variety of sources in the last few days. In order to keep our residents and visitors as informed as possible, we would like to share with you the Peninsula Health Care District Health & Fitness Center ongoing process for implementing the current Center for Disease Control (CDC) and California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) official recommendations and guidelines for our communities.
Protect yourself at home and in the community:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet or more distance from others) when possible. Stay away from anyone coughing or sneezing – particularly, if you do not know the person.
- Practice good hand washing/ hand hygiene frequently.
- If you are sick: Stay home and self-isolate if you have flu symptoms or a fever.
- If you are sick, call the physician, clinic or hospital before you visit them. Do not go to a clinic or hospital with symptoms without calling first – they will instruct you on the proper procedures.
- The CDPH and CDC now recommend the use of a cloth face covering when in public places to limit transmission of the virus.
For more information and resources, visit:
Centers for Disease Control
California Department of Public Health
California Department of Public Health News Release